Friday, July 22, 2011

Week 3

I do apologize for some of the Friday pictures, as my camera battery died and I had to use my phone's camera.  I will upload them as soon as I figure out how to get them off my phone!  ;)

In American Girl, we traveled with Kirsten Larson as she came across the Atlantic from Sweden, to a new life in Minnesota.  All of the girls made their own calico cats to take home.  We finished the week with a little barn dance.  Everyone enjoyed Swedish ginger cookies, cornbread, and lingonberry drink and then participated in the Apple Dance.  Our final two girls in Week 4 are Addy and Rebecca.


Apparently, every one cooks rice, and some people cook red beans and rice.  Little peas eat candy for dinner, blech.  On the 4th of July, we're all American as apple "pie."  Big Anthony is so full from eating all of Strega Nona's pasta.  In case you were curious, our last recipe for the week was mini pizzas!

No comments: